Friday, March 27, 2009

essay on WATER


Sonu, a kid from our colony was sitting on the boundary wall and was vigorously studying a piece of paper…When I inquired what it was ,he replied that its an essay which he was remembering by heart … “tomorrow there is an essay competition in school and my dad has gathered from his sources that the topic for the essay competition is WATER…My dad has written this essay and asked me to memorize so that I can do well in the competition..” he said… My pupils dilated as I read the essay ..I am giving here the exact copy…


WATER


Water was an liquid thing…It was very important to mankind…We do many things with water…We bathe(with soap),wash clothes(with surf),clean our floor(with phenyl),also clean our car using water ..Many varieties of water are there…rain water , tap water ,drain water, river water, mineral water, well water, etc...The most pure water comes out of Aquagaurd…Water has become costly …A single water pouch costs one rupee…Water is also there in cold drink …The milkman also mix milk to water ..If water is kept in the fridge, it catched cold and become a solid thing called ice…

But the true is that water is an chemical ..It was made of H and O…If we drink water,we go into the toilet…It comes out of our body like water but is yellow coloured and is salty…We shouldn’t drink water at bedtime because we will do toilet in sleeping... Water comes from heaven and also from hell…From heaven water falled as rain and from hell it comes out as well water…There is water too in the oceans but it is different water…Fishes live in water and becomes its queens…I don’t know who is the king of water ..I hear that our body made of water also but it false…When our body is cut, blood comes out not water…

Water is called “pani” in hindi…many songs beautiful are on water ..They are “pani pani re”, “tip tip barsha pani”, also “pyaar hua ikkrar hua,pyar se kyon darta he dil”…There is no pani word in the last song but lots of rainwater there in the song..It is a love song, thus we should love water…


As I completed reading the essay, Sonu’s dad walked to the scene…He, trying to show off his English knowledge,asked “so how is the essay ?” …I replied dryly, “Its great but don’t u think it has got some grammatical errors”…The colour of his face faded but he replied “I know…but it was intentional ,I wrote the essay for a 7th standard kid , do u expect him to write a perfect essay !"

Shaking my head as I walked off, I heard him advising his son to keep away from me…


......ayaskant

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha !! that was something... but the most imp thing is that from childhood we find our parents involved with unfair means and thus the future generation follows the footsteps.. if a child finds his Dad smoking in public then he doesnt find it any different when he does the same in future...

    anyways i suppose it was written in a very lighter note..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ monty...thanks for ur feedback...
    and u hit the nail on its head when u say that parents are the real and first teacher of their children..!!! so a smoker's son is most likely to turn up as a smoker...
    and yes it was written just to tickle the humourous bone of the reader....

    ReplyDelete

Please give your valuable feedback here..