Wednesday, September 3, 2008

the WHITE ELEPHANT


He was sick....He was almost dead ... After spending five days at the I.C.U(read garage),he came back hale and masculine but not before burning a hole in my pocket that almost scalded my skin...This has become alarmingly regular...He has turned the "WHITE ELEPHANT"...


He is none other my bike,VICTOR GLX....Once upon a time,he was my pride when i went out on a ride...Once named as "BLIZZARD" ,this dude after serving for six long years grew old and arthalgic...Once known to bring "MORE SMILES PER HOUR", it became a source of perpetual sorrows...once it served me loyality and royality,but now it needed to be served....Once ran like a CHEETAH having an extra ordinary mileage but now the old war horse limped guzzling more and more petrol...

He was my companion in my quests for love and war...He had been my shock absorber for when i used to ride him he had an amazing relaxing effect on me even if I had nerves like a naked wire....

The blue bike has become a collage of ruins.... True ,I didnt maintain him well enough and the spectacular roads of my city with lotz of potholes didnt help to his cause either...Right from the Fuel tank,silencer pipe,ignition lock,tyres ,brakes to the shock absorbers,engine plates;etc ;everything is in tatters....

His condition is so pathetic that my Aunt remarked laconically that my girlfriend would dump me if i dont dump my bike soon....So true...The WHITE ELEPHANT has to go...


..........ayaskant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please give your valuable feedback here..